After Huge Success of Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, Raspberry Pi Foundation has launched a new upgraded version of this model i.e Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus(+). It has an updated 64-bit quad core processor running at 1.4GHz with built-in metal heatsink, dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless LAN, faster (300 mbps) Ethernet, and PoE capability via a separate PoE HAT.
It has 1GB of RAM, faster dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, and significantly faster 300Mbit/s ethernet. The Pi 3 B+ is to provide with the same Pi as before, but now with Gigabit and PoE capable Ethernet, as well as better overheating protection for the 64-bit processor.
Why choose Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+?
If you’re looking for great speed and connectivity, the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is for you. Whether you want to learn computer programming, or trying to incorporate Internet-of-things into your workplace, the B+ model can help you achieve your goals.
It would be impossible to tell you everything that a Raspberry Pi can do as, with some help from add-on devices, there are no limits to your imagination. From media players to full IOT integration, education to gaming, monitoring working conditions to work productivity, and even controlling your own robot, Raspberry Pi covers a huge range of applications.
Pi 3 Model B vs. Pi 3 Model B+
The new B+ board is actually uses the same footprint as the previous B model and the Raspberry Pi 2. Therefore you can use it as an upgrade to existing projects or even use most existing cases.
The new B+ model features upgraded board components to help your applications and calculations run faster and smoother.
The B+ also features an exciting 64-bit quad core processor running at least 10% faster than the previous model. It also has improved thermal management.
- Processor: Broadcom BCM2837 Processor Quad core A53 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC
- Memory: 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- Bluetooth: Cypress BLE chip 2.4Ghz/5.0GHz IEEE 802.11ac
- Ethernet: Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (300Mbps max)
- USB: Four USB 2.0 ports
- Connection: GPIO Header 40-pin
- HDMI: 1 x full size
- Video: MIPI DSI display port, MIPI CSI camera port & 4 Pole stereo output and composite video port
- Multimedia: H.264, MPEG-4 decode (1080p30). H.264 encode (1080p30). OpenGL ES 1.1, 2.0 graphics.
- Storage: microSD card slot for loading operating system and data storage
- Power: USB connector for 5.1V / 2.5A dc
- POE enabled
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ maintains the same mechanical footprint as both the Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. Adafruit made/brand cases will still fit but some other cases may not, especially ones that depend on component location or have a built in a heatsink. Please note: Even though the chip is a 64-bit ARMv8, Raspbian is currently only available in 32-bit ARMv7 compatible mode and so the OS may (confusingly) report it is an 32-bit ARMv7.
To get started you’ll need:
- A micro SD card with Raspberry Pi OS installed (see Software & OS tab)
- A high-quality 2.5A micro USB power supply, such as the official Raspberry Pi Universal Power Supply
For a step-by-step guide to getting your Pi up and running, check out our online Getting started guide.
Read basic and advanced guides to configuring your Raspberry Pi.
Read about accessing your Raspberry Pi remotely.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ is the final revision in the Raspberry Pi 3 range.
- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 1GB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2, BLE
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0 (maximum throughput 300 Mbps)
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- 4 USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi camera
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi touchscreen display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support (requires separate PoE HAT)
Software & OS
Raspberry Pi OS is the recommended operating system for normal use on a Raspberry Pi.
Raspberry Pi Imager is the quick and easy way to install Raspberry Pi OS and other operating systems to a microSD card, ready to use with your Raspberry Pi.
Find help with installing Raspberry Pi OS on your Pi in our online Getting started guide.
You can browse basic examples to help you get started with some of the software available in Raspberry Pi OS, find more detail about Raspberry Pi OS, or read information on fundamental Linux usage and commands for navigating the Raspberry Pi and managing its file system and users.
The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has undergone extensive compliance testing, and meets the following European standards:
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive (EMC) 2014/30/EU
- Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2011/65/EU
View and download global compliance certificates for Raspberry Pi products.
The dual-band wireless LAN comes with modular compliance certification. This allows the board to be designed into end product with significantly reduced wireless LAN compliance testing, improving both cost and time to market.
The Adopted Trademarks HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
raspberry electronic components, raspberry pi electronic components, electronic components for raspberry pi, raspberry pi board components, raspberry pi 3 element14, raspberry pi parts explained, raspberry pi and its components ,raspberry pi 4 board components,raspberry pi 3 board components, raspberry pi board diagram and explain components,raspberry pi board diagram, raspberry pi board specifications ,raspberry pi hardware components ,raspberry pi board explanation, main components of raspberry pi board,what are the components of raspberry pi, components of raspberry pi board,raspberry pi board details, raspberry pi 3 b+ element14,raspberry pi 3 desktop kit element14,element14 raspberry pi 3 model b+ starter pack,element14 raspberry pi 3 projects,raspberry pi 3 model b+ element14 rs, mifratech raspberry pi module , best project electronics components available here, electronic shop located in yelahanaka new town bangalore,raspberry pi 3 model b+(element14製),raspberry pi 3 model b element14 ,raspberry pi 4 4gb element14, raspberry pi 3b features, raspberry pi 3 model b android,element14 raspberry pi 3 model b+ starter kit,raspberry pi 3 model b motherboard (element14),raspberry pi 3b pinouts,raspberry pi 4 8gb element14,raspberry pi 3 hardware description,raspberry pi 3 hardware, element14 raspberry pi 3 model b+,raspberry pi 4 components explained,raspberry pi 3 b+ parts explained, raspberry pi 3 components explained, raspberry pi parts and functions, what is a raspberry pi 3 b+, what to do with a raspberry pi 3 b+, raspberry pi components explained
- 1 x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ 1.4GHz.